The Center for Teaching & Learning (CTL) warmly invites the campus community to the inaugural Teaching and Learning Conference on Friday, May 5, 2023 at the Berkeley Faculty Club. This event aims to foster a community of colleagues engaged in effective teaching and learning on our campus and present model cases of educators experimenting with a diverse range of teaching and learning strategies in UC Berkeley classrooms.
CTL is accepting presentation proposals from all members of the UC Berkeley teaching and learning community, including, but not limited to, Senate and non-Senate faculty, instructional staff, and Graduate Student Instructors (GSIs).
For this inaugural event, the theme is “Transformative Conversations: Advancing Teaching and Learning, Together.” Some examples of questions that proposals might address include:
- How have you (re)discovered and sustained your joy for teaching and learning?
- What does transformative pedagogical change look like at UC Berkeley?
- How do you advance accessibility when teaching with technology?
- What strategies do you use to assess learning authentically?
- How do you center student experiences at a research-intensive university?
- In your role, how do you hold space for your community’s voice on campus?
Proposals in alignment with this theme may be especially competitive, but we will consider any and all submitted presentation proposals.
For more information regarding proposal guidelines and expectations, please review the Call for Proposals. The deadline to submit a proposal is Tuesday, March 28. Please review the Teaching and Learning Conference page on the CTL website to learn more as well as to register to attend for the event.
Oliver M. O’Reilly
Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education
Chief Academic Technology Officer & Assistant Vice Provost, Undergraduate Education
Executive Director, Center for Teaching & Learning
This message was sent to all instructors and graduate student instructors.