Dear UC Berkeley undergraduate student,
We invite you to take the first Pulse Survey of the spring term. These confidential, one-minute pulse surveys capture your feedback so we can better support you. Complete Spring 2022 Pulse Survey #1 for a chance to win a $100 gift card of your choice.
Spring 2022 Pulse Survey #1 is now open
This Pulse Survey asks about your thoughts on overall well-being, campus COVID support and messaging, and course materials and services fees. A link to the Pulse Survey is below and appears as a task in CalCentral. The survey is confidential and results will be displayed only in the aggregate. The survey closes on January 31, 2022.
Results from Fall 2021 Pulse Survey #2
The report from Fall Pulse Survey #2 that was conducted in November 2021 is now available on the Pulse Survey Results website. The survey was completed by 28% of undergraduate students and 34% of graduate students. Listed below are some of the findings:
- 69% of undergraduate and 81% of graduate students reported feeling somewhat to very comfortable with UC Berkeley's plans for all in-person classes for spring 2022. (note: UC Berkeley has since announced it will begin spring semester with mostly remote instruction based on evolving public health conditions).
- 70% of undergraduates and 54% of graduate students living in the Bay Area planned to travel during the Thanksgiving break. Students planning to travel during the Thanksgiving period received a CALmessage on November 17 that recommended taking a surveillance test three days before their departure and within five days of returning, especially for those students who are unvaccinated.\
- 53% of students reported that internet quality on campus has improved at least a little. However, a majority of students still reported dissatisfaction with the performance and stability of campus Wi-Fi. Information Services & Technology (IST) has been working hard to resolve a number of underlying causes as quickly as possible. Wi-Fi is part of a larger program of Network User Experience Improvements currently underway.
Survey drawing winners
The second set of students to win $100 gift cards last semester are:
- Bonny Lee, Architecture (Undergraduate student)
- Komal Badesha, American Studies and Psychology (Undergraduate student)
- Matthew Bernardi, Psychology (Undergraduate student)
- Sammy Raucher, Political Science (Undergraduate student)
- Two graduate students who declined to be named
If you have any questions or problems with the Pulse Survey, please contact email@example.com.
Oliver M. O’Reilly
Interim Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education
Lisa García Bedolla
Vice Provost for Graduate Studies and Dean of the Graduate Division
Stephen C. Sutton
Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
This message was sent to all UC Berkeley undergraduate and graduate students.