Dear Berkeley student,
Please take the last student pulse survey of the term. These confidential, one-minute pulse surveys capture your feedback so we can better support you. Complete Pulse Survey #4 for an additional chance to win AirPods—so far nine students have won!
Pulse Survey #4 is now open
This fourth Pulse Survey asks about your well-being, remote learning, and current stressors in your life. A link to the fourth Pulse Survey is below and appears as a task in CalCentral. These surveys are confidential and results will be displayed only in aggregate. The survey closes on Sunday, December 20. It is open for a shorter time than the previous pulse surveys, so please respond as soon as possible.
Results from Pulse Survey #3
The report from Pulse Survey #3 is now available and below are some findings:
- Students are concerned about meeting basic needs for the remainder of the term.
- To be considered for financial aid, US citizens and eligible non-citizens are required to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. It is recommended that undergraduates who qualify for the AB 540 waiver complete the California Dream Act Application. Students who need additional support can reach the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office via Cal Student Central or by phone (510) 664-9181.
- All students in need are encouraged to apply for the Basic Needs Holistic Fund and for a Short-Term Emergency Loan. Graduate students can contact their department Graduate Student Affairs Officer about grants for COVID-related financial needs.
- Anxiety is high among undergraduate and graduate students.
- The Divisional Council of the Academic Senate has encouraged faculty to consider compassionate policies and practices around grading and academic workload during these challenging times. The Graduate Council advocates for flexibility to accommodate and support graduate students.
- University Health Services offers informal, brief consultations with counselors, COVID19-related mental health resources, and a one-pager on managing fears and anxiety around coronavirus. For urgent concerns 24/7, students may call (855) 817-5667. Check the UHS website for upcoming mental health workshops in Spring 2021.
AirPods winners and additional prizes
Take Pulse Survey #4 to be entered in the last drawing for the term. The third set of students to win Apple AirPods are:
- Lois Yoo, Letters & Science (Undergraduate Student)
- Jordan Dudas, Architecture (Undergraduate Student)
- Nitin Pillai, Info & Data Science - MIDS (Graduate Student)
If you have any questions or problems with the Pulse Survey, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Catherine P. Koshland
Vice Chancellor for Undergraduate Education
Stephen C. Sutton
Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
Lisa García Bedolla
Vice Provost for Graduate Studies and Dean of the Graduate Division
This message was sent to all UC Berkeley undergraduate and graduate students.