Dear Berkeley student,
With the on-going changes due to the pandemic, we want to check in every few weeks to hear about your experience via one-minute surveys. These confidential Pulse Surveys are intended to get your feedback so we can better support you. Thank you to those of you who completed Pulse Survey #1 and congratulations to the first set of AirPods winners!
Pulse Survey #2 is now open
A link to the second Pulse Survey is below and appears as a Task on CalCentral. These surveys are confidential and results will only be displayed in aggregate. This second Pulse Survey is about your well-being and your engagement with campus. The survey closes on Sunday, October 18.
Results from Pulse Survey #1
We hear you. This is a challenging time for many of you. The report from Pulse Survey #1 is now available and below are some findings:
- Many of you said you need headphones and other devices. Eligible students can receive devices from the Student Technology Equity Program. Over 1,500 laptops and wifi hotspots, and 1,200 noise-canceling headphones have been distributed to students.
- Over 50% of you said instructors had technical difficulties during class at least a few times a month. Research, Teaching, and Learning continues to update our Keep Teaching webpage with new resources, documentation, and support for faculty. We recently launched a Virtual Helpdesk for Zoom for all instructors to get quick support and we are working on Spring plans to support faculty in creating more consistent and exciting remote courses.
- You said you would use one-on-one appointments or informal, brief consultations with a University Health Services counselor. Please remember that UC Berkeley students can access counseling and find self-help resources through the Tang Center.
AirPods winners and additional prizes
Taking the pulse surveys will give you up to four chances to win a set of Apple AirPods. If you took Pulse Survey #1, you were in the drawing for three sets of Apple AirPods. Taking Pulse Survey #2 will give you an additional chance to win. There will be drawings throughout the Fall term for a total of 12 Apple AirPods.
The first set of students to win Apple AirPods are:
- Ray Altenberg, Computer Science
- Amr Eissa, Letters & Science
- Sarah Jarrett, Landscape Architecture MLA
You could be in the second batch of winners! Take Pulse Survey #2
If you have any questions or problems with the Pulse Survey, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Catherine P. Koshland
Vice Chancellor for Undergraduate Education
Stephen C. Sutton
Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
Lisa García Bedolla
Vice Provost for Graduate Studies and Dean of the Graduate Division
This message was sent to all UC Berkeley students