Dear campus community,
The Excellence in Advising Awards Program recognizes exceptional performance and innovation in advising and student support. The nomination cycle for the 2020 Excellence in Advising Awards program is now open.
We encourage nominations of student services staff from throughout our Berkeley community including Student Affairs, Equity & Inclusion, Undergraduate Education, Schools & Colleges, University Extension, Berkeley International Office, and beyond! Note that eligible nominees need not have the term “advisor” in their title—all staff who support, advise, or counsel graduate or undergraduate students at UC Berkeley may be nominated.
Nominations can be made by anyone in the campus community, including students, and are due Monday, November 9, 2020. Please submit nominations via the Advising Matters website. This year’s categories include:
- Outstanding New Advisor or Student Support Professional
- Outstanding Advisor or Student Support Professional
- Outstanding Peer Advisor, Mentor, Counselor, or Ambassador
- Outstanding Advising or Student Support Services Administrator, Director, or Manager
- Outstanding Advising or Student Support Team
- Outstanding Equity Champion
- 2020 Virtual Advising Innovation
- 2020 Success with Less
- Excellence in Data and/or Research-Driven Student Support
- Service to the Advising and Student Support Community
- Advising Champion (faculty/administrator)
- The Mary Slakey Howell Excellence in Advising Award – Our Highest Honor – For Exceptional Contributions to Students and the Advising Community
More information on selection criteria and submission guidelines can be found on the Excellence in Advising Awards Program webpage. Award recipients will be recognized at a virtual ceremony on Monday, December 14, 3:00-4:30 p.m.
Thank you to the entire advising and student services community for the important work you do every day to improve the lives and educational experiences of our many talented students.
Catherine P. Koshland
Vice Chancellor for Undergraduate Education
Stephen C. Sutton
Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
Oscar Dubón, Jr.
Vice Chancellor for Equity & Inclusion
Lisa García Bedolla
Vice Provost for Graduate Studies and Dean of the Graduate Division
This message was sent to UC Berkeley faculty, staff and students.